Floatation Therapy - Sensory Deprivation Tank
A float tank (or sensory deprivation tank) is an ideal environment where you can relax, rejuvenate, and recover. Floating, free from gravity, the weightlessness takes the pressure off your bones, muscles and joints, and is highly recommended for alleviating pain or simply as a way to switch off from the world.
It is the fastest, easiest and most effective way of starting your body’s own healing and regenerative abilities, providing some dramatic health benefits.
Floatation therapy involves floating in a very dense Epsom salt mixture in a floatation pod, otherwise known as an isolation tank or sensory deprivation tank. The 30cm deep water has a dense enough concentration of salt that you float effortlessly in a comfortable 34.5°C. Lying in this silky mineral solution with restricted light and sound, your mind and body will easily enter a state of deep relaxation.
Health benefits of floating include;
- Promotes total calm and peaceful relaxation
- Eliminates fatigue and jet lag
- Improves sleep
- Alleviates stress
- Energises, rejuvenates and revitalises
- Increases motivation while diminishing depression, anxiety and fear
- Facilitates freedom from habits, phobias and addictions
- Stimulates left/right brain synchronisation
- Shifts brain waves from beta to lower frequency alpha, theta and even delta
- Creates mental clarity
- Increases creativity & problem solving
- Heightens visualisation
- Deepens meditations
- Expands awareness, intensifies acuteness of all senses
- Enhances hypnotherapy and self-hypnosis
- Decreases the production of cortisol, ACTH, lactic acid and adrenaline
- Increases production of endorphins
- Speeds up rehabilitation and recovery
- Relieves pain from arthritis, migraines, injuries etc.
- Boosts immune function
- Improves circulation and distribution of oxygen and nutrients
- Reduces blood pressure, pulse, heart rate and oxygen consumption
- Improves athletic performance
- Speeds healing process
Absolutely anyone can float and the benefits are many. If you’d like more information or to book a float therapy session call us today.
Preparing for your float
Our tanks are installed with highly advanced cleansing and filtration systems, though we do have some safety, experience and hygiene requirements before you float;
- No shaving or waxing 24 hours before your session
- Use a resin spray on any open cuts or scratches. Paw Paw cream will also seal them.
- Remove contact lenses (it’s a problem if you get the salt water in your eyes)
- Avoid caffeine a few hours before your float – it will affect your ability to relax
- Eat a light meal at least 2 hours before your float so you aren’t distracted with hunger
- Taking drugs or alcohol before floating is not advised – we reserve the right to refuse service
- Wait 2 weeks after dying hair or 1 week after spray tanning
- Shower before and after floating
- Do not float if you are menstruating