About Holistic Dental Care
At Gold Coast Holistic Dental Care (GCHDC) our primary focus is to help our patients achieve optimum health. In order to do so, we aim to help our patients identify, prevent and eliminate the root causes of disease.
We live in a world filled with chemicals and poisons. Compared to a century ago, these man-made chemicals have become much more prevalent – they’re in our water, soil, food, in our air and nearly everything we touch. We bathe with products laced with chemicals, use them to shave, to smell good, soften our skin, treat blemishes and more.
We contract viruses and parasites from our food and our surroundings that take up residence in our bodies. We accumulate these toxins every day, as we consume products that include mercury, lead and other deadly heavy metals.
Optimum health is about leading a balanced lifestyle, with a good work/life balance, stress management, correct diet and nutrition, detoxification and exercise. It’s a process of self-education to understand the direct correlation between your internal bodily health, and the impact it has on your physical, mental and emotional wellbeing.
At GCHDC we can support you with your health goals, offering a range of professional, holistic and integrative health services to identify, prevent and eliminate the root causes of disease.
- Holistic Dentistry
- Diet & Nutrition
- Detoxification Therapies
- Anti-Parasite Treatments
- Shiatsu Therapy
- Pregnancy Care
- Massage Therapies
- Energy Healing
- Integrative Natural Health & Lifestyle Coaching
Holistic Dentistry is an approach to dentistry that considers not just your dental health, but also your physical and emotional health. It recognises that your oral health greatly impacts your general health, and vice versa. Your mouth is also the beginning of your Gastrointestinal tract (GI Tract), and an unhealthy mouth leads to an unhealthy gut which impacts your general health, especially when you consider up to 80% of your immune system is focused around your gut.
With a holistic dental approach, we use the most biocompatible materials available to minimise any adverse impact on the body. It involves safely removing amalgam fillings, following strict removal protocols, after which the patient is taken through a personalised detoxification program designed to eliminate heavy metals, mercury and other toxins.
Many people are unaware that the majority of disease begins in the mouth and the GI Tract. Causes of disease linked to the mouth include;
- Mercury from Amalgam fillings
- Root Canal treated teeth
- Infections: from Abscesses, Periodontal (Gum) disease and cavitations of the jaw
- Fluoride in water, toothpaste and oral care products
- Poor diet: Refined carbohydrates, trans fats, non-organic food, preservatives, pesticides, insecticides and high sugar
- Stress: TMJ Dysfunction, worn or eroded teeth, jaw clenching and grinding
From the GI Tract these toxins travel into our blood, cells, and internal organs. If left untreated in the body they can lead to years of ill health and eventual chronic disease.
If the GI Tract is not working well:
- We don’t assimilate vitamins, minerals, fats, carbohydrates or proteins. Over time our bodies become undernourished and we develop deficiencies.
- The immune system is severely compromised/weakened, leaving the body wide open to recurring infections, sickness, poor digestion and development of chronic diseases.
- We accumulate toxins in our blood, cells, organs, even the brain.
- The body cannot excrete toxic build up effectively.
Preferred Provider Note
Please consider whilst we accept all private health funds, Gold Coast Holistic Dental Care does not participate in provider networks such as nib First Choice, Medibank Members Choice, BUPA Members First.