Infrared Sauna Therapy
Our sauna treatments aren’t the same as the old hot rocks, steam and high heat you imagine when you hear the word ‘sauna’. We specialise in the use of infrared saunas for detoxification treatments on the Gold Coast.
Our infrared heating saunas provide a deeper, more detoxifying sweat at much more bearable temperatures.
How does an Infrared Sauna work?
While you are in the heat of the sauna your body increases circulation to even the smallest blood vessels. Your body also begins to sweat which is where the detoxification begins.
Your body begins to dump toxins straight out through your sweat. These toxins come from various places throughout your body;
- Toxins in your blood – circulating in wait for your liver or kidneys to process them, get rerouted and exit through your pores.
- Other toxins are drawn out of tissues where they don’t belong, such as your joints or the muscle of your heart.
- Fat storage – toxins stored in your fat cells are also expelled with heat and sweat.
We all have dangerous toxins within our bodies, whether it’s chemicals from our foods, pesticides, cleaning products or from the very air we breathe. Some of these chemicals are too much for our liver and kidneys to handle, so they build up within our joints, our blood, fat and organs.
Sauna detoxification gives your body the help it needs to expel these harmful toxins and improve your optimal health.
Other benefits of Infrared Sauna
- Relaxation - Infrared sauna therapy is a good way to de-stress and provide relief to muscles. This is particularly helpful if you have joint or muscle pain.
- Weight Loss - When your body temperature rises, your body will naturally attempt to cool it back down. This process requires additional energy which results in burning calories.
- Skin Cleansing - Infrared sauna therapy helps to cleanse your skin by increasing blood circulation and eliminating toxins. It also removes dead skin cells, which leads to an overall clearer skin appearance.
Talk to us about our infrared sauna therapies and how they can be used individually, or incorporated as part of a complete detoxification plan.